Thursday, November 15, 2012

China's Time Bomb


A)   I would encourage population growth in Japan with fertility treatments, enforcing healthier foods, and plans for larger infrastructures. I would also change advertising techniques to encourage the familiar “nuclear family”. I would not depict mothers as women confined to the household to do chores; I would portray them more as a role model.
      B)   I would offer financial incentives and open more and less expensive child care centers. I would also encourage scientist to work on fertility drugs and research.
      C)  To delay economy collapse with a baby bust I would encourage more marriages  and try to increase fertility rates, as well as lower healthcare and social security rates, because there will be too few workers to support the elderly. I could also loosen immigration policies so that more young people are allowed into the country to foster economic growth.
      D)   No, the government should not be able to force retirement when the overcrowding situation is dire. Abortion should be up to the mother and only up to a certain point in the pregnancy. If overcrowding becomes a prevalent issue the government should focus on expanding infrastructures and tighten certain policies such as immigration.
      E)  Yes, I believe the government should offer political asylum to Chinese women who wish to keep their babies. I believe this will greatly benefit China’s population problem and maybe in future years help lift China’s one child policy.  I would handle political implications by ensuring the people that the countries in which the pregnant Chinese women are moved to are safe, efficient and more importantly not overcrowded. 
   

No comments:

Post a Comment